A family business situated in the region of Vori, Heraklion, has swept quality awards for its olive oil in recent years.
At the National Competition for Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2007, the description of the olive oil by the judges was the following:
“A rich, fruity taste and various aromas, with the essence of freshly - cut grass, apple and citrus fruit aromas prevailing. A fuller bitter taste that makes it ideal to combine with a wide variety of foods. A perfect flavor-taste balance and a strong aftertaste that lasts for long”
The awards granted so far are:
- Bronze Taste Award at the 1st National Competition for Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2008, by the European Regional Development Fund.
- 3rd Distinction at the 2nd National Competition for Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2007.
- Representation of Greece in the International Olive Oil and Related Industries Fair “Expoliva”, May 15-19, 2007, Spain.
(One of the five companies selected by the Ministry of Development).
- Bronze Award in Elaiotexnia 2009 - Mediterranean Exhibition of Olive Oil for Liokarpi Olive Oil 02
- Quality Commendation at Elaiotexnia, Athens 2009 - Mediterranean Exhibition of Olive Oil for Liokarpi Olive Oil 03
- Quality Commendation by Ministry of Development, Athens 2009, in the Strong Fruitiness Category.
- Golden Award for “LIOKARPI ΒΙΟ” Olive Oil
- Silver Award for “LIOKARPI 02” Olive Oil