Olive oil has proven to promote human health and protect against diseases. Ancient Greeks were well aware if its beneficial effects. Hippocrates, the father of Medicine, recorded over 60 medicinal uses for olive oil. A whole host of nutrients links olive oil to wellbeing and longevity. Many scientific studies carried out all over the world have shown that olive oil consumption reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease.
Olive oil has more advantages than any other fat consumed by humans. This is consistent with the findings of long laboratory, clinical and epidemiological research, as well as the results of the traditional diet of Cretans who, ever since antiquity, have had olive oil as the basis of their nutrition. Olive oil contributes to:
- Treat gastrointestinal and liver diseases
- Prevent the development of gallstone (cholelithiasis)
- Improve the metabolism in diabetics
- Protect the skin from solar radiation
- Benefit the growth of the bones
- Extend the youthfulness of the body
- Prevent cardiovascular diseases and certain types of cancer.
- Besides its great nutritional value, olive oil is one of the most powerful antioxidants that protects the body from the development of “free radicals”